Nylon Webbing Suppliers
Nylon is a versatile fibre often specified for military webbing and is suitable for many other uses.
- Nylon was the first commercially available synthetic fibre.
- The strength is high tenacity (Up to 9g/den).
- Elongation – approximately 20% at break – more when wet . This means that nylon webbing will extend when put under tension outside.
- Abrasion – nylon has very good abrasion resistance.
- Moisture – has a regain of 4-5 % and feels damp quickly
- Temperature – the melting point is around 250°C and is able to withstand 150°C for many hours (It will discolour). Nylon can cope with low temperature very well (-80°C with no loss of strength).
- Nylon is difficult to ignite and tightly woven structures do not burn quickly.
- Excellent resistance to sunlight.
- Good chemical resistance to dilute acids, decomposes in strong acids. Good resistance to common alkalis.
- Can be dyed virtually any shade (fastness can be an issue on dark strong shades).
Please contact us with details of your requirements. We will be happy to make recommendations and offer advice on nylon webbing. We have a flexible approach to manufacturing and we can also offer the facility of holding contract stock for call-off.
For Further Information: