Heritage, Quality and Innovation
Bowmer Bond, a renowned manufacturer of top-notch webbing solutions, has been guided by these principles since its establishment in 1795.
In 2022, Bowmer Bond embarked on a new chapter as an Employee-Owned Trust (EOT), transforming into an employee-owned enterprise. This transition not only ensures a promising future for our dedicated workforce but also reinforces our commitment to our customers by strengthening our values and corporate culture.
Our enduring legacy and heritage are evident in our traditional heritage looming methods, which are still employed today. Remarkably, our primary manufacturing facility in Ashbourne, Derbyshire, is a Victorian Textile Mill that dates back to 1866.
As we relentlessly strive to expand our capabilities to meet evolving market demands, our extensive experience has empowered us to continuously innovate and offer an ever-expanding range of products that cater to various applications.
Extensive Product Range
Through years of development and expertise, we have been able to develop an extensive product range.
Our extensive portfolio of products includes –
- Light & Medium Weight Webbing: The perfect balance of strength and flexibility, our light & medium weight webbing is designed for applications such as harness and backpack straps where ease of use is required.
- Printed & Jacquard Webbing: Decorative and functional, printed & jacquard webbing from Bowmer Bond offers a customisable solution where aesthetic appeal and branding are desired.
- Shuttle Loom Webbing: Traditional, yet distinctive. Shuttle loom webbing is manufactured in our traditional Victorian Textile Mill using original methods of fabric weaving, giving it a rustic, yet high-end, appearance.
- PVC-Coated Weldable Webbing: Part of our Secubond range, PVC-coated weldable solutions ensure strength and performance whilst remaining cost-effective. Perfect for applications such as marquees, tents and swimming pool covers.
- Webbing Assemblies: Using our specialised industrial sewing machines, our established sewing department is able to manufacture various webbing assemblies such as chin straps, helmet cradles, lapstraps and child safety restraints.
- Aramid Webbing: Designed specifically for high heat resistance, meta-aramid webbing is the perfect solution for applications where chemical and heat exposure are common. A popular choice of technical webbing for protective clothing and heat shields.
Alongside our range of traditional products, we also have a dedicated Product Development service, providing bespoke webbing solutions.
Our long history of experience and competence in our field has enabled us to develop bespoke webbing solutions that can be tailored to individual specifications for our customers, including the development of new products when required.
Versatile Webbing Applications
We proudly serve a wide range of industries that all rely on the quality of our webbing solutions.
Our tailored webbing is used for applications in the following industries –
- Aerospace: Our specialised woven webbing is used for high-performance aviation and aerospace applications where strength and heat resistance are critical.
- Automotive: Used in both domestic and commercial vehicles, our webbing and Secubond solutions provide reliable material for airbag tethers, battery straps and even reinforcement and bottom straps for PVC side curtains on HGV trailers.
- Emergency Services: In environments where there is no room for error, the emergency services rely on our bespoke webbing solutions for applications such as paramedic bag straps, lifejackets, rescue equipment and even body armour.
- Industrial: Due to its versatile nature, our webbing is suitable for a wide range of applications across the industrial sector including conveyor belting, hose and wire protection and even oil & gas pipeline safety.
- Leisure & Outdoor: Used to create functional products such as sports equipment and reliable climbing gear, webbing and straps from Bowmer Bond provide aesthetic appeal without compromising performance.
- Marine: We have a range of webbings certified to the latest EN ISO 12402-7:2020 standards for lifejackets and water safety equipment.
- Medical Technology: We supply webbing to some of Europe’s largest medical and healthcare equipment manufacturers. This includes patient handling equipment and PPE, our specialised BioThane is designed specifically for medical applications due to its lightweight nature, wipeability and high tensile strength.
- Promotional: Our printed polyester and jacquard woven webbing is available in a range of customisable options that include brand and image printing.
- Retail: Strong, durable, reusable webbing solutions from Bowmer Bond are ideal for queue management and pallet & roll securing straps across retail environments.
- Safety Equipment: Our speciality and sewn webbing assemblies are designed for functional safety applications such as breathing apparatus, safety harnesses and more.
Our diverse range enables us to serve over 25 countries globally, providing volume supplies of webbing solutions tailored for specific industries as well as general applications.
The All-In-One Webbing Specialists
With a rich heritage and deep-rooted traditions, our company excels at fostering an exceptional work environment for our employees while upholding the high standards our customers have grown accustomed to.
We are certified to ISO 9001 Quality Management System standard, which means that all of our products and processes are in line with the latest established specifications, and our raw materials are fully traceable.
With customer service at the heart of everything we do, our customers can rest assured that we are there to guide them through every step of the process.
To learn more about any of our products and services please contact our team today.